Joomla To WordPress Migration Guide
Joomla has about 9.9% of the Content Management System (CMS) market share; therefore, a lot of webmasters use this online publishing platform to manage and publish their websites. Although Joomla is an excellent content management system, the Joomla platform is not for everyone, especially for people that are looking for simplicity and ease of use in a content management system.
In order for webmasters to effectively use the Joomla platform, they have to through a steep learning curve. The Joomla platform is not that easy to use, especially for webmasters who are not tech-savvy. In addition, the upgrading of the Joomla platform involves a migration process. Therefore, webmasters who are not skilled developers won’t find this platform enjoyable. The Joomla online publishing platform is not well-suited for blogs. Therefore, bloggers will have a hard time using this platform. The Joomla online publishing platform is tailor made for community sites.
Due to the above mentioned reasons, many webmasters are migrating from the Joomla platform to WordPress content management system. The WordPress platform has about 57.1% of the content management systems market share. The popularity of this platform is largely due to the fact that it is simple and easy to use. Of all the different content management system available on the internet, WordPress is the most user friendly. In fact, WordPress is renowned for being very easy to learn and use.
The WordPress platform is a pretty straight forward platform. It is very easy to upgrade. Upgrading the WordPress platform does not require any web developing skills. The WordPress online publishing platform is perfect for blogging. This platform has a lot of features that make blogging simple, easy, and enjoyable. It is because of the simplicity, ease of use, and improved user experience that many webmasters are migrating to the WordPress platform.
How to Migrate from Joomla to WordPress
These are the steps you need to take before carrying out the actual migration from Joomla to WordPress:
Listen to the Latest Episodes Right Now.
1. Inform your web visitors about the improvement and maintenance you are about to carry out on your website.
2. Install your new WordPress website. Also install the themes you like and all the necessary plugins.
3. Obtain your FTP client software access details such as you’re your FTP host name, username, and password. You can get all this information from your web hosting company.
Joomla to WordPress Automated Migration
These are the steps to take to switch from Joomla to WordPress:
1. Register a new CMS2CMS account.
2. Provide the URL of your WordPress and Joomla sites in the required field in the migration wizard. You can also test run the migration process in the test site.
3. Set up the connection bridge between the two sites by performing the following.
• Downloading the bridge file.
• Saving the bridge file to a folder on your computer.
• Connecting to your FTP client software.
• Copying ‘cms2cms’ file (with index.php to the root directory) of your Joomla and WordPress sites.
4. In order to make the migration smooth and seamless, select additional options. The CMS2CMS may automatically put into operation 301 URLs Redirect to safeguard your SEO ranking. Start the demo migration after this step.
5. Once you are satisfied with the demo result, you can start the complete Joomla to WordPress migration. The migration process usually takes a few minute. Once the migration is complete, you will receive an email notification informing about the completion of the migration. You can now begin to enjoy your new WordPress website.