How Many Blogs are on the Internet
The advent of the internet brought about the opening of the blogosphere. Now, it seems like the blogosphere is over-populated; there are approximately over 600 million blogs on the internet that are run by 32 million bloggers.
Although this is an extremely large number, funny enough, more blogs are added to the blogosphere on a daily basis. The blogs that post daily get 500% more traffic than the blogs that post weekly or monthly. Here are some more blogging statistics.
Some Interesting Facts About Blogs
In fact, a new blog is created somewhere in the world every half a second. Let us analyze this statement. There are 3600 seconds in one hour and there are 24 hours in a day. If we multiply 24 hours in a day with 3600 seconds in one hour, we will arrive at 86,400 seconds in a day. Since a new blog is created and set up every half a second, we will have to multiply the 86,400 seconds in a day with 2. And what figure do we finally get? Goosh! 172,800! This is amazing! 172,800 blogs are added to the internet every day.
This is the digital era. We are currently living in the information age; the age where knowledge is power. So, virtually every individual living in this age is looking for information that will help to improve the quality and standard of his/her life. So, where else do we expect people to turn to when they are looking for information? Of course, people will go online to look for information that will provide the solution to their problems.
Listen to the Latest Episodes Right Now.
Blogs are online journals that serve to bridge the gap between the demand for information and the rate at which information is supply. There is a blog for every subject area and topic. There is no topic that you are looking for that you will not find a blog dedicated to providing information on that topic. Therefore, blogs help to fill the huge gap between the demand and supply of information. As long as a bloggers are passionate about they blog about, they will definitely a ready audience willing to listen to what they say.
8 Interesting Facts About Blogs
Some interesting facts about blogs and why businesses should have a blog are listed below:
1. Bloggers are now using artificial intelligence tools like RankIQ to identify what they need to cover in order to create a comprehensive blog post.
2. The reading of blogs usually starts at 7.am and reaches a peak period at 10am.
3. While sharing on blog usually reaches a peak at 7.am, comments on blogs hit the highest point at 8.am.
4. The findings of a recent survey reveal that most prefer to read blogs in the morning that at any other time of the day. 79% of the people interviewed said they prefer to read blogs in the morning, 64% have a preference for afternoon, 51% prefer evening, and 40% favor night.
5. Businesses that update their blogs 20 times a month (i.e 4-5 times per week) generate 5 times more traffic than those that update their blogs less than 4 times a month.
6. Businesses that own and regularly update their blogs generate 4 times more lead than those that do not own a blog.
7. Blogs help to influence customers’ buying decisions and purchases. A sampling of customers’ opinion shows that the information on blogs assists 21% of the surveyed customers to make up their mind on the purchase of a product, helps 19% to fine tune their choice, provides answers for another 19%, helps 17% to discover a product or service, and serves as the inspiration for the purchase of a product or service for the remaining 13% of the surveyed customers.
8. Companies that have more than 51% articles on their blogs experience a 77% increment in median monthly leads.